When I woke up this morning, I had an e-mail update from Cupcakes Take the Cake (my favorite blog ever) about a Cupcake Competition in Harrisburg! It's being run by the girl who had my job before me, and it's going to be sometime in September or October. I'm really excited! The cupcakes will be judged on creativity and taste, so I need to use one of my recipes that's most creative. I'm thinking the Creamsicle, Jello Shot, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Peanut Butter Cup. I think what I might do is send out a message on Facebook and have a cupcake open house at my house before the competition. I'll make a few different kinds and then let people tell me which are the best, and then I'll enter those in the contest. Oh my, I am SO excited about this!
In other cupcake news, on our way down to the Outer Banks next Tuesday, we're going to pass by two cupcake bakeries! The first is Frostings in Glen Allen, Va. where I will most definitely try the Dulce de Leche, Raspberry Limeade and Wendy's Red Velvet (but to be honest, I'll most likely pick up at least one of each). We have to go about 15 mintues out of our way for this one, but looking at the pictures and the bio of the guy who owns it, I'd say it's definitely worth it! The second is run by a woman and her two daughters (how cute!) and it's right off the highway, which takes no extra time. It's Carolina Cupcakery in Chesapeake, Va. I'm most excited for the Chocolate Gran Marnier and to see what the Baker's Choice is for the day. Again, I'm going to pick up one of each because I'll have a lot of people to share them with once we get to Avon!
No comments:
Post a Comment