
OK, so here's the deal: I've talked about going back to school for some time now. Each time I talk about it, it's for a different field of study. None of them ever turn into anything. Now, however, I'm determined: There's a Baking and Pastry Arts certificate program at our local community college where credits are dirt cheap. Classes begin next week and the ones I need are still open. I have a list of choices at this point (ranked in my order of interest):
1. Visual Merchandising (3 credits)
2. Small Business Development & Management (3 credits)
3. Sanitation and Safety (2 credits)
4. Intro to Software for Business (3 credits)
5. Applied Hospitality Math (2 credits)
The Baking I & II and Pastry Arts I & II will be a little bit trickier - Baking I is a prerequisite for Pastry Arts I, but only Pastry Arts I is offered in the spring. I might have to wait until the fall to take that, but it's possible that it's offered in the summer.
The only problem is that I don't know what is offered in the summer and what will be offered in the fall, since the schedules aren't up yet. This means I don't know which of these classes are spring-only offerings, meaning I need to take them now or will have to wait until next year to take them. I'm assuming an advisor would be able to help me with that, so I'm hoping I'll be able to talk to one before the classes start (mostly Jan. 14).
The ONLY question I have to ask myself about all of this is why didn't I think of this sooner? Seriously.
No comments:
Post a Comment